Tuesday, May 18, 2010

(86) Bread

It's no secret that I love to cook. Cooking has its own kind of magic for me. Baking does too. I love how the ingredients come together to bring joy to all mouths who partake!

Today I made bread. I used the sweet bread recipe I got from my mom. She got it from her mom who, I believe, got it from her mom. Owyn played with the flour with me. Someday I'll teach her the bread recipe, explaining why the certain ingredients are needed and how they go together. I tried to tell her today, but I don't think she got it. She just smiled and laughed with me. At least she got the joyful part, which is the most important part anyway. I think she understands that she is part of something eternal: a family that is tied together in so many different and beautiful (and delicious) ways. And that is why I love baking bread.

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

mmmm that makes me want some fresh bread

Luanne Hardy said...

That is the only bread recipe I will use. It warms my heart to know that it comes from Grandma.

Erin said...

I love that recipe, too. I have it memorized...that makes it come together very quickly!