Tuesday, May 11, 2010

80: Happy Mother's Day to me!

Yes, I am aware that Mother's Day was 2 days ago. But, I forgot to write about what a great day I had! I took that day off and then completely forgot last night that I was going to write about it. That milkshake was really good.

So, here we are. My Mother's Day started with Owyn coming into my room at 6:30 a.m. for her morning snuggle. I pulled her up into bed with me and she snuggled up, but then popped her head up, looked at me, and shrugged. I said, "What's wrong?" She put on her brave face and said, "Binky?" while struggling to hold back tears. So, I cuddled her up to Mike and went searching for her Binky. I found it sitting on her pillow, but when I went in the room, Lily (who had only been asleep for an hour)woke up, and started screaming when I tried to sneak out of the room. So, I had to come back and get her. I tried feeding her, but she wasn't very interested. She just wanted to play.

It seemed to me that this was a rather rough start to my Mother's Day. Still, I'm a mother of 2 young kids. Did I really expect them to sleep in just for me? haha. No.

But, I did decide that Lily could probably sleep longer, so I stuck her back in her crib and went back to bed. When I laid down, Owyn crawled back over to me and we promptly fell asleep. By then, I think it was about 7:00. We were supposed to get up at 7:30 to get ready for church. I forgot to turn my alarm on and at 8:00, Mike woke me up and said, "I hope it's not too early for you." =)

He was holding a plate piled high with scrambled eggs. Owyn thought it was the coolest thing as she sat in bed with me and shared breakfast. And, amazingly, the morning went very smoothly and, despite getting up late, we were ready to go by 9:10 (on time!). Woohoo! When I went downstairs, I found a vase sitting on the table filled with 3 roses, one each from Mike, Owyn, and Lily as well as the sweetest card ever.

That was the highlight of my day, but the rest of the day was just as peaceful and sweet. I love that I get to celebrate being a mother and a wife. I truly do love what I do!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Glad mother's day went so well