Thursday, May 13, 2010

82: Perks of the Toddler Bed (and also some fun pictures)

The update to our Toddler Bed Dance is that things have calmed down dramatically. The dance is fading away. I figured out Owyn's trick. And also, Owyn found out that she loses sleeping buddies and eventually her binkie if she gets out of bed too many times. =) So...

Now, we are experiencing a perk. When Owyn wakes up in the morning, she can come in to our room and wake us up, which she seems to love. And, honestly, I don't mind it so much either. She is a very sweet little girl. She comes in quietly and, if I don't wake up when she comes in, she lays her head on the bed or touches my hand softly. Then, I pick her up and we start off the day with a good snuggle. And, here's the best part, I can usually get her to go back to sleep for another half hour or so! WooHoo!

In this picture, she had fallen asleep...sound asleep, and Lily woke up. So, I had Mike come lay next to her (so she wouldn't fall out of our propped up very high bed) while I fed Lily. When I came back in the room, this is what I found:

Aaaaaw. It just melts the heart! =)

And, on a completely unrelated note, here are some fun pictures:
Owyn holding Lily who is chewing on the leg of a baby doll.


Trying to see behind the camera.



Reaching for the camera so she could take a picture too.

The picture that she took. (I hope you appreciate that one, Erin.)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I do appreciate it. Thank you. Now have her take some more and post those, too.
Love you!

Rita Peck said...

She is so adorable

Luanne Hardy said...

That is such a sweet pic of Owyn and Mike!!