After he left on Friday, I was talking to my mom and she asked what I was going to do all weekend without Mike. I had to kind of laugh. The stage of life Mike and I are in right now makes for rather lonely days for both of us.
He spends the whole day being a student, I spend the whole day being a homemaker. He usually comes home for dinner and then jumps right in to studying while I jump into bedtime routines and end-of-day cleaning. Then I start work and he studies. Some nights he studies for hours after I've gone to bed. There are days where it feels like I don't see him at all; there are days where I feel like we hardly get to talk to each other. So, for him to be gone for a couple of days didn't really seem like a big deal.
Still, when he left, I got a little teary-eyed. Partly because I wanted to go with him and see family and enjoy such a happy time with Jason and Sunshine, but more because I don't like being so far apart. I hadn't realized that I would be so lonely for him!
Being busy together is a whole lot different than being busy apart.
I missed being able to chat with him throughout the day. I missed the passing hugs. I missed him at dinner. I missed him at breakfast. I missed having him downstairs while I slept. I missed waking up to see him in bed. I missed knowing he was only about a 5 minute's drive away. I just missed him.
He's home now and I'm oh so glad. I have spent time today catching up with him like I would an old friend I hadn't seen in years. I have told him how good it is to have him...how very, very much I love him. I'm so happy we are married. I'm so happy we are busy in our life together. I'm so happy he is home.

1 comment:
Glad he is back and all went well. I tried to leave a message yesterday and blogger wouldn't let me. Is Sunshine from Pocatello? I knew one that is in our stake. Lived across the street from her when she was a kid. Anyways I got my microwave lid at Fred Meyers but it is available at target and walmart. It was with the microwaves and is just a giant plastic lid
Post a Comment