Anyway, I have always dreaded the minivan days. Even a minivan felt a bit intimidating for little ol' me to drive. I have watched my sisters reach the minivan stage (and more--they drive a great big truck and a great big van) and have been secretly (not so much anymore) in awe of their bravery.
Then, I had 2 kids and tried to go grocery shopping with them. My cute little not-so-intimidating car is suddenly really cramped. And suddenly I have this great desire to have a minivan. It snuck up on me!
Still, we are poor college students and we had decided that we can last a little longer without the minivan. Even if we have another baby here, we could still cram into the car. So, I set my surprising desire aside.
Then, one of Mike's professors had Mike come over to look at a tree and mentioned that he had a minivan he wanted to sell. Mike, being the loving husband that he is, jumped on it! And, because he is such a good worker, we were blessed with a really good, affordable deal.
So, now, you are looking at (virtually) the proud new owner of a (new-to-me) minivan! I'm surprisingly thrilled! It's dark outside now, but I'll try to post a picture later. Yay me!

4 comments:
Dad told me when we got our Expedition that I looked like a monkey riding an elephant in the circus! HA! Still, minivans are not much bigger than cars. I'm sure you'll be great!
I swore I never would own a minivan but I LOVE them now. I love how easy it is to cart all my kids and their stuff places. I can crawl around and get to them easily. Good luck with the new adventure
i fought the minivan too, but it is soooooo convenient. Congrats on your new addition!
phs-shaw! Mini vans are not that big of a deal. I don't know what the big fuss is. When we went shopping for a new car, the dealer said, "It's true that a minivan does come with a certain 'soccer mom' stereotype." I am a mom, right? I do have kids. So for what reason am I shying away from the minivan? I am that stereotype, and so what? ANyway, like Jeigh, I have found that minivans are not that much harder to drive than regular cars. In fact, it's hard for me to drive a small car now. It freaks me out to be so close to the ground.
Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment