Wednesday, June 2, 2010

(99) *little* touches

It is a dream of mine to someday have a stylishly decorated house. I started out my independent living not being sure at all how to start decorating my home. I've advance a little bit since then, but I still have a long, long way to go.

The good news is, I have a helper.

Owyn loves to walk and play outside with Mike. And, even more than that, she loves to bring treasures inside to share with me, usually small flowers that I put in a vase in the kitchen. But, yesterday she brought me a rock. After enthusiastically showing it to me, she asked for some water for it. We thought it was so cute, that we couldn't help but humor her. So, Mike took her downstairs and got her a "vase" for her rock. I forgot all about it until today when I found this sitting on the dining room table.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the bottom of the bowl is full of water.

I got it from this angle because I like how it captures the beauty of my current centerpiece...
...and also I love that Mickey Mouse is sitting at the table looking ready for lunch. That's another signature Owyn touch.


Here's my kitchen vase:
How's that for optimism? A clover with a broken stem still reaching for the light. Beautiful.

I am happy that I have so many little touches to make my house a home.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

What fun. None of my kids bring touches unless it is their toys in easy grabbing distance on the floor. JK Love how children brighten a home