Thursday, June 17, 2010

(112) And here we go!




Sweet little Lily.

She's been working on her crawl for a few weeks now. She quickly perfected the pushing herself up to sit move (even before she could actually sit without help). She breezed through rolling over and scooting around and actually was using the scoot as her primary means of mobility.


Today, however, when I set her down to play, she focused in on a book, assumed the hands-and-knees-ready-to-crawl position and, without hesitation, took the 2 or 3 crawling steps necessary to get to the prize. No problem.


She spent the rest of the day working out kinks, and will probably keep working on it for a few more days, but I think it is safe to say she is officially a crawler! (I guess it is time to thoroughly disinfect and mop all my floors!) I'm so proud and, yet, so shocked. Wasn't she just barely born?

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Wow look at her go. That is amazing how quick they learn things

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Yes. She was just barely born! What the?!

Luanne Hardy said...

I'm pretty sure she is growing up to fast. You better take her to the doctor so they can give you those meds that make it so your baby stays the same age. While you have the pills slip some in Owyn's pudding.