So, I've got lots of things to be happy about today. We had a really good day. We spent most of it together, hanging out with friends. In fact, that was what I was going to write about today, but I've decided to change to something a bit simpler.
I wasn't really looking forward to work tonight. Not that I'm really super looking forward to it any night, but tonight in particular I really didn't want to work.
So, I sat down to type and pulled up my first file. It was nearly 10 minutes long (most run around 3 minutes) and was marked stat (meaning it needed to be done as quickly as possible) and showed that the physician was one of my foreign accent physicians. Luckily, it wasn't one of the harder accents, but still it felt like a rough start for me.
When I started the file, though, wonder of wonders it wasn't the physician but it was his PA! This PA is one of my favorite dictators. He is long-winded but is always clear and easy to type. I was pretty happy it was him and it made me think that he probably has no idea how happy he made that little part of my day. He just was doing what he does.
Then it made me think that I hope I make people happy just be doing what I do. It was a short reminder to try and bring a bit of light to every person I make contact with, even if I'm unaware of it.
I'm happy for that reminder. I'm happy to be able to make the effort to be happier and to make the world a better place. And, of course, I'm happy for PAs who dictate so nicely.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
What a great thought. All the people who brighten our days without ever knwoing it. You brightened mine today. Thanks
I remember at Grandma Hardy's funeral when you were talking about memories of her you said how cool it was to see that you guys had some of the same short cuts and secretary skills. Maybe you should think of that every night you go to work. Just think that Grandma Hardy is there looking at you thinking how great it is that you share the same talent. :)
Post a Comment