Today, I fell on the cement steps outside our house. I was carrying Lily in and in order to save her, I sacrificed myself...particularly my knee which is pretty beat up and sore. (Lily is fine. She actually slept through the whole thing.) I managed to hobble into the house and up the stairs to my room where Mike was and here is where the good thing in all of this starts.
Mike was napping, but as soon as he heard me say, "I just fell" he jumped up and said, "What do you need?" He took Lily so I could get cleaned up, brought me a bag of ice, some ibuprofen and a book to read and then laid next to me while I waited for the medicine to start working. Then when it was time for dinner, he asked me what he could do to help me so I wouldn't have to be on my feet too much. He came to the kitchen with me and helped me chop vegetables for our (superdy-duper delicious) omelets.
It was so, so nice to feel so taken care of. To be able to go straight to him and know that he would help as much as he could. It made me feel better. And it was a lot of fun to cook dinner with him.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

1 comment:
That man is going to win husband of the year. Hope your knee feels better soon
Post a Comment