Owyn and I spent a good 20 minutes playing with one of those half ball things that you turn inside out and then set it down and it shoots up in the air when it rights itself. (I don't know what they are called, I hope you know what I'm talking about.) We laughed and laughed and laughed each time. Then she climbed up on the chair I was sitting on, situated herself behind me, and laid her head on my back giving me a sweet, sweet hug.
Lily woke up early from her afternoon nap. As I was feeding her and rocking her, trying to get her to go back to sleep, she started crinkling her nose and shaking her head at me. Even the smallest response I gave her made her giggle. She ended up staying up for an extra 20 minutes just so we could play.
I did a lot of reading today instead of folding laundry.
We watched Wipeout during dinner.
We had leftovers for dinner (no cooking for me tonight!).
Mike caught a small beetle in my office today. When this type of beetle is distressed, it pops its head back and forth (it makes an audible popping sound). What makes it cool is when you set it down on a flat surface, it pops up in the air! Mike set it on my desk and we giggled like little kids.
I have been inspired today by this blog. Oh, if only I had hours and hours of free time available. I could be sewing and crafting forever!
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
I loooove Wipeout! It never fails to make me laugh until tears come. And there are a lot of strange insects around here!
What great joy comes from the simplicity of life. I love reading the joy you find
Post a Comment