Thursday, July 1, 2010

(124) Mommy brain

Here's my story:

I was sending a letter to my mom. I was in a hurry because I had other errands to run--bills to pay--and I wanted to do it within half an hour. I didn't want to disrupt our day too much.

I addressed the letter, threw a stamp on it, sealed it and waltzed out the door with my 2 girls in tow. We went to the post office first, kissed the letter, and tossed it into the mailbox. Then we were off to pay our bills and we made it back within the deadline. (woohoo!)

Now, 2 days later, Mike handed me the pile of mail and said, "There's one from your mom!" Oh boy! I was surprised because I was sure she hadn't received my letter yet. But, I was happy to get a letter from her and eager to hear what she had to say. Then I looked at the envelope. It was the same one I just sent! Yeah, I put my mom's address in the return address spot and my address in the addressee spot. I mailed my mom's letter right back to myself! And, I can't stop giggling about it.

I was going to take a picture of the envelope, but I don't really want to post our addresses here, so...here are some pictures of Lily who has now decided crawling is just not her favorite thing:

(I took the picture earlier than I meant to here, but it still turned out cute (in a silly way). She had been holding on to the arm of the couch smiling up at me, but then she slipped off.)

(This makes it look like she really knows what she is doing, but she doesn't yet. She is still trying to figure out how to make her legs walk. The problem is she gets really brave and lets go of the couch. Then she falls.)


(She still crawls. Her pants don't stay on when she does though.)

(And, yeah, look what she is doing! She is trying to climb up on top of that toy! Aaaaahhhh! I'm trying to prepare myself for the day I find her on top of a dresser.)

(Still, those chubby legs are even cuter when she's climbing!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

My boys are climbers, too. One day I walked into the kitchen and found little Bogey standing proudly on top of the table. He also likes to stand on the rails of his crib. Yikes! I'm sure your sweet little Lily would never do anything that crazy, right? riiiiight. Thanks for posting these pics. I LOVE SEEING THEM!! And I love you, too!