Today I went shopping with Lily and it was the same thing. A few people are kind of quiet about it. They will walk by and kind of glance at her and then smile. Some people will say hi to her as they walk by. Some will stop and talk to her and sometimes me. There are some who will reach out and touch her hands or her hair. And there are even some who will go out of their way to stop us so they can coo at her. I ran into all of these types of people today.
I noticed something while we were out. Not only are people admiring Lily's beauty, but they are actually engaging with her. And she responds to them all, pulling them in with her bright eyes and friendly smile. What I realized, though, was that she has a spirit radiating from her that is friendly and kind and caring. She looks at people and they seem to be struck by the light shining from her. I have seen people who have a hard time pulling their gaze away from her eyes.
Owyn is the same way, although she isn't as outgoing. She is just as strong and radiates a peacefulness and goodness.
They are beautiful girls. They are strong and beautiful spirits. They are choice. I am privileged and honored to be their mother.

1 comment:
I hope you know those girls get that spirit from both of their parents.
Post a Comment