I am finding myself at a point today where my "challenge" is feeling a bit challenging. =) It isn't that I'm having trouble finding things to be happy about today, it is that, um...I can't think of how to say it.
You see, my days tend to kind of run together. They are all pretty much the same. I get up and feed Lily, pray that she will sleep a little longer, hope that Owyn's mommy-is-awake radar won't go off, still smile when I hear "Mo-o-mm-y," make sure Mike is awake so he can get ready for school, get breakfast ready and eaten, get babies and Mommy dressed and then move on to a day full of housekeeping, naptimes, meal and snack times, playtimes, and various time wasters to put off cleaning.
It is a good life for me. Definitely tough at times, but good. I enjoy being a mommy and homemaker. I don't mind the redundancy of my days. In fact, I prefer it. It's predictable. It's comfortable.
I haven't been having a problem finding things to be happy about, even though my predictable days also get a little hectic/overwhelming/exhausting/frustrating/crazy at times. I have a beautiful life. The happiness is found in the day-to-day.
So, my challenge today was the feeling that I might start sounding like I'm repeating myself. Most of my happiness comes through motherhood and homemaker-hood. (I don't think that's a real word, but, oh well!) I was worried about boring my readers. But, as I read this it occurs to me that I shouldn't worry about that. This is my blog. I am doing this to find happiness in my life. I love that people read my blog and I love that it is a way for me to reach out to my family and my friends. It almost becomes another bit of a cyber support system for me.
So, I guess what I am trying to say is, "Sarah, stop worrying about what other people think." Just write what you want to write and enjoy yourself."
Ok, I feel better. Here is today's chosen happy moment:
Dinnertime was kind of tough. I got a late start because Lily napped longer than expected (woohoo!) so I got distracted watching the third hour of Little House. So, by the time I got stuff going, Owyn was crying and Lily was crying. Owyn cried when I put her in her chair, but I had to get Lily ready for bed, so I put Owyn in her chair, put her dinner in front of her, and let her do her crying. Lily stopped crying and started cooking while I got her diaper changed and her clothes changed. Then, as she started to eat, she promptly filled her diaper so full that she required a full body wipe down, a new diaper, a new onesie, and new pajamas. Meanwhile, Owyn was still fussing, not eating...but, oooo, I saw that! She put her finger in her bowl and did a small taste test of her dinner! I tried to make sure she didn't see me see her. I wouldn't want to go jinxing anything, you know.
So, I swaddled Lily up to get her ready to fall asleep. I sat at the table for a second to rock her. By the time I sat down, Owyn had picked up her spoon and was fully engaged in eating her soup. That made me happy, but here's what won her today's happy thing spot and made all of the chaos of the evening worth it. While holding her spoon in one hand, she stuck her other hand into her bowl. Then stuck her finger in her mouth to suck the soup off her finger. As she pulled it out of her mouth, she grinned and said, "Mmmm-mmmmm!" before diving in for more.
Thank you, Owyn. Thank you very much.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
Don't worry about sounding redundant. You said it yourself, you are doing it for you and I know I don't care.
love it when they are happy with what you cook. I don't think they ever realize how much work it is to get it to the table only to have them declare they don't like it without trying it. I love the image of Owyn. She is so adorable
Post a Comment