Tuesday, March 16, 2010

27: Hmmm...

So, I got up this morning and decided to try a new idea I have been entertaining for a while.

I took a piece of paper and I wrote out a list of things I wanted to try and get done today. My hope is that if I can see the list I won't feel as overwhelmed and I'll be able to get that sense of accomplishment that comes from checking things off a list. (mmm, I love that!)

My list wasn't that big, really, but it did have a lot of big jobs concealed in small words (i.e. "laundry" or "dishes"). As I got going, though, I remembered that our branch's play group was meeting today, so I went to that. While there, I remembered that I am out of laundry detergent and need to make more. When we got home, we were pretty hungry and tired; so we had lunch and took naps.

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't check very many items off of my list today. So, I'm going to try to not focus on the negative side of that (the list-not-done side) and focus on the positive (the list-got-done side). =)

  • Today, I did get half of the dishes cleaned, dried, and put away.
  • I got dinner (Turkey Noodle Soup with bread bowls) made, served, and eaten.
  • I danced in the living room with Owyn (that counts as exercise, right?)
  • I got both of my girls dressed and out the door in a little over an hour.
  • I got myself dressed this morning and felt good about my appearance today. No negative thoughts about my baby fat today.
  • I dealt very calmly and patiently with a tantrum-throwing toddler who wanted chocolate covered almonds for lunch instead of PB&J (what's up with that?).
  • I read a book during naptime.
  • I ate a Ding Dong (to balance out the living room dancing. I wouldn't want to burn too many calories and put my body into shock, you know).
  • I made Lily laugh some more just by talking to her (and I tried to capture it on camera, but she stopped laughing as soon as she saw the camera. I'll keep trying!).
  • I greeted my husband with a kiss when he got home from school and asked him about his day before launching into the details of my day.
  • I watched Phineas and Ferb.

All in all, I'd say that is a pretty successful day! I'm sure if I really thought of it, I could come up with more that I was able to complete, but I'm getting the idea now. I feel happy today because I did accomplish a lot, even if it wasn't all on my list!

3 comments:

Jeigh said...

Phineas and Ferb makes every day perfect!

Luanne Hardy said...

I do have to say that that does sound like a pretty good day. I like hearing about days like that because it makes me feel so close to you guys. I love you and miss you.

Rita Peck said...

That sounds like a great day. I swear time flies these days and I feel like nothing gets done.