Monday, March 15, 2010

26: Li'l Lily Laughs

Today, Lily and I got to do a little shopping. We had a good time, but it wore her out a bit.

When we got home, I laid her down on the floor so she could wiggle around a little, kick her legs, stretch. She was tired, though, so mostly she just laid there crying.

Poor girlie.

So, I laid down next to her to give her a little company. That cheered her up.

She started trying to roll to her side, which is another reason I put her down there. I want to give her opportunities to improve her skills.

I got a hold of her little foot and pulled it gently toward me. Oh! She smiled big when I did that! I did it again and she made a noise that I don't even know how to start describing; I believe it is the start of a full out belly laugh!

I did it again with the same results, only this time it ended with a little giggle! This is the start of many laughter-filled days ahead.

4 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I want to hear that giggle. So if you happen to get it on some type of recording I would probablly watch it over and over again.

CoralieandCasey said...

Oooooohhhh! I LOVE baby laughs. Now I'm wishing my kids weren't so big...

Erin said...

ditto to Luanne and Coralie...send some of that baby laughin' love our way!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

There is seriously nothing better than a good baby laugh!