So, sorry last night's post was kind of (ok a lot) short. I was in a hurry. I was given the opportunity to work overtime and decided to take it, so I just popped out the first thing that came to mind! I will post pictures tomorrow, though, from our Spring party.
Tonight, I have to be quick too. I have another bowl of cheesy popcorn and another good book waiting for me. I am eager to finish this one because Fablehaven comes out Tuesday!
Here we go:
For months now, I have been trying to teach Owyn that instead of getting frustrated and screaming and stomping her feet when she can't get something to work right, it would be easier and more effective for her to ask me or Mike for help. I've tried to be consistent in telling her this, but I haven't been sure if it was working.
Tonight, however, she was playing quietly at Meredith's while I was chatting with Jeigh. She came up to me and took my hand, pulling on it gently, and said, "Mommy, hep?"
I said, "what?" (I'm still learning here.)
"Hep? Hep?"
Me: "Oh, you need help with something?" And I followed her over to the toys where a toy fork was stuck in the basket. She pointed at it and said "Hep?"
So, I got the toy for her and everything was right with the world. I am happy she is learning to talk, she is comprehending what I'm teaching her, and that I can hep her.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

1 comment:
Wow can she come teach my kids. No matter what I say that seems so forgiven.
Post a Comment