Monday, March 22, 2010

33: Meatloaf, meatloaf...I hhhhaate meatloaf.

As a bit of a rule for my self, I am trying very hard to not have my happy things be food. IT seems a little unhealthy to find such happiness in eating, you know. It's kind of rough sometimes, though!

You see, I like food. I like to cook it. I like to eat it. Savor it. I would miss it if it was gone. It really does make me happy, especially when I cook a really good meal that I can share with my family.

So, tonight, I'm making an exception, because tonight I made meatloaf. I used to hate meatloaf (like the kid in Christmas story to whom my title refers). It was too much meat and not enough flavor for me. But then I discovered that you can add whatever you want to it! So, I add onions and mushrooms and cheese and a special blend of ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce (I would give you more details, but really I just put it in until it looks good). By the way, I give credit to my sister (in-law), Luanne, for helping me make this discovery!

Add to that mashed cheesy potatoes, cooked carrots, and a fresh fruit salad. Can it get any better? I submit that it can not!

Now I have to go. I need seconds!

4 comments:

Jeigh said...

Delicious! I shall have another!

Luanne Hardy said...

I love meatloaf too! I'm glad that you can enjoy it.

Erin said...

ha ha ha! I, too, thought that I hated meatloaf until I had Luanne's. I don't think mom liked it. (or made it right) I have spent many a happy hour in the kitchen since then making my own blend of meatloaf. I've never tried it with cheesy potatoes though! Yeah! An idea for next time, thanks!

Rita Peck said...

That sounds yummy