Tuesday, March 23, 2010

34: Tuesday

Tuesday and I have never been very good friends. I can't say why exactly, but we just don't get along.

This isn't a recent development either. I have memories that are years old of dreading going to work on Tuesday. Things just seemed to be crazier, more stressful, busier, more irritating, more tiring, more wearing on Tuesdays.

Over the years, we have, for the most part, learned to at least be civil to one another. But, on occasion, civility is out the window and the battle is back on! Today, was one of those Tuesdays.

I woke up feeling out of whack this morning and never quite got my groove going. And, of course, when Mommy's groove is off, everyone's groove is off.

It was a day full of tantrums, short or missed naps, meals that didn't turn out quite right, messes that got cleaned up as new ones were made, diapers that needed to be changed immediately after being changed, clothing malfunctions, missing socks, lots of spit up down my shirt (twice!), and just overall grumpiness.

So, what do I have to be happy for on this Tuesday?

Early bedtime. It's a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

That makes me wonder...I never noticed how Tuesday are usually my tough day too. Happy for early bed times too.

Jeigh said...

Ooh, and I started that Tuesday off right, didn't I? Sorry!