So, I know I have mentioned that I am working part-time. Last summer, we decided it would be best for me to work so we don't have to rely so heavily on loans to get us through school. It was kind of a difficult decision that we made with the help of a lot of prayer. I have been thinking back tonight, though, on what a blessing it is that I am able to do work.
I am working as a medical transcriptionist. This is the career I spent about 10 years working towards before I got married. This is part of what I spent my time doing while I was trying to find my husband. Well, I spent that time doing a lot of things; this is just what I did career-wise.
Anyway...
I often wondered why I had to wait so long to get married. I wondered what I was being prepared for; what I was supposed to be learning. I am still figuring that out, little bit by little bit.
So, here is what those 10 years of experience have made me happy for tonight:
1. I am happy I can type like the wind.
2. I am happy that I can quickly train my ears to understand foreign doctors.
3. I am happy that I understand "doctor speak," i.e. medical terminology, so that I know what they are talking about.
4. I am happy that when I don't know what they are talking about, I know where to look to find out.
5. I am happy that I can be disciplined enough to maintain a high line count (I get paid by the line) while I work out of my home.
6. I am happy that I can work at home while my babies sleep peacefully in their warm beds and my husband studies hard.
7. I am happy that I can still spend the day taking care of my children and my home.
8. I am happy that I don't have to do this forever, but I am able to do it now.
I never thought it would be such a blessing for me to be so successful in my chosen career. I always thought I was working to keep myself from getting bored or depressed; or just in case Mr. Right never came around and I needed to provide for myself forever. Heavenly Father, though, knows what is going on. He knew what I would need, what my family would need. I love those moments of looking back at where the little steps in life lead and how they are guided. I am truly, truly blessed and I can't wait to see what else is coming!
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
That is a blessing! *^^*
Hey I was curious to how you got in it and how a person can do it also from home? My hubby and I think that that would be a great job for me especially for when the kids come.
Post a Comment