Friday, March 19, 2010

Post 100!!!!: Make room in the freezer, baby!

Rocky Road.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It's my favorite flavor of ice cream.

I had a yearning for Rocky Road ice cream the other night.

The only problem is that it is hard to find good Rocky Road ice cream these days. The best stuff--the real stuff--has real marshmallows and almonds floating in creamy chocolate ice cream. But, ice cream makers have started in with the thinking that they can substitute the marshmallows with ribbons of marshmallow cream. Like that is better or something!

It's not.

I've even seen some that cover the almonds with chocolate. While it is a good idea to cover almonds in chocolate, it is not necessary in Rocky Road ice cream. It takes away from the beautiful simplicity of pure almonds and miniature marshmallows enhancing the greatness of the chocolate ice cream.

So, I went to the grocery store on a quest to find the good stuff. I was willing to pay the extra money for it too. No substitution is worth the savings for me.

Luckily, I knew that Edy's makes Rocky Road right, so my quest wasn't going to be a long, searching one. I just had to go to the grocery store, walk over to the freezer, and pull out my prize.

But, when I got there, you'll never guess what I found! There was a sign on the freezer door that said, "Edy's 4 for $10! Save $9.97!"

No.

Way.

Yes way! That's half off!

So, I did what any normal person would do.

I loaded up my cart.

P.S. The lady at checkout looked at my ice cream then looked at me and said, "Did someone break up with you?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good one.
P.P.S. I got the two extra flavors to distract Mike so he doesn't eat all my perfect Rocky Road.

4 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I've been wanting ice cream so bad lately! I'm comin over.

Jeigh said...

Hahahahahaha! That's sooo funny! Now I know why you kept bugging me to read it. And just for the record, I'm not a huge Rocky Road fan, but I like the simple stuff the best, too.

Erin said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That is a good one. And what a delicious deal! Does it make your ice cream taste better?

Rita Peck said...

Thanks for the laugh. That is hilarious.