First order of business: It has occurred to me that I need to expand my process here a little bit. I feel that by finding things to be happy about each day, I am still focusing a little too much inward. I was watching some Mormon Messages on YouTube yesterday. This has become my new favorite thing and it is a great way to touch base with the Spirit throughout the day.
Anyway, this video stood out to me yesterday. Take a minute (and a half) and watch it.
As I listened to President Eyring's words as he talked about keeping a short record of each day for his kids, I thought that is kind of what I'm trying to do. Then he said before writing he would ponder the question "Have I seen the Hand of God reaching out to touch us?" And I was struck!
That, I believe, is the key to finding happiness. True happiness. I can find small, silly things to be happy about each day, and that is fine and fun, but I won't find true happiness and peace until I seek it through the Lord. So, I have put some thought into it. I think I need to expand and express gratitude for each day, seeking the Hand of God reaching out to touch me. I will still find small and/or silly things to be happy about as well to simply keep myself well rounded. =)
So, there you go.
Today, obviously, I am grateful to have been guided to that insight and to have found a way to look beyond myself and show Heavenly Father my love for him.
What has made me happy today? Several things.
=)
As I was trying to think of which thing to write about, my loving husband just laid down on the couch and rested his head on my arm. I love him so. He brings me happiness and peace. I'm so glad I have him.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

1 comment:
I love those moments when your hubby does something really small, like lying his head on your arm. For some reason they know just when to do it and it's just what you need.
Post a Comment