I am aware of a few mothers who don't really like bath night.
I'm not one of those mothers. =)
From the very beginning, I have enjoyed giving my kids a bath. When they are babies, I like watching their faces as they experience the sensation of floating in water. I love the way they kick their little chubby legs to experiment with how they move in it.
As they get older, I mostly love the play time. Owyn has always loved pouring the water from one cup to another and has now moved on to taking large drinks of water as well. For a while, she didn't like the bubbles of the soap. I discovered this when I tried to give her a bubble bath. I set her in the water and she just kept saying "Uh-Oh!" over and over again in a more and more agitated voice while she tried to push the bubbles away from her. Finally, she just broke down and I had to take her out of the water, drain the tub, and start over. We are finally at a point now, though, that she can at least handle the soap bubbles on her skin; she knows they will be washed off quickly.
I also enjoying singing to my girls during bathtime. Mostly I sing show tunes; it just seems right. Owyn sings along. Lily kicks and smiles.
Tonight was bath night and, really, it just was a happy time.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
I am one of those mothers that has become disenchanted with bath time. It hurts my back to bend over, I end up getting wet all over too, they are never happy to get out, and the floor gets all wet. Right now, I pass it off to Kerry as often as possible. Maybe you should come visit me and you can be in charge of bath time while you're here! Yeah, do it!
What fun. Bath time in our house is wet floors and chaos. The kids love to throw water a each other and the floor. Bubbles everywhere too. Yours sounds so fun and relaxing
Post a Comment