Thursday, April 1, 2010

43

Ok, so...whenever I have been in a play, there has been a dress rehearsal. It has been my experience that a good dress rehearsal is pretty tough. Sometimes it seems that everything that can go wrong does. But, the good news is that this usually means that opening night will be almost flawless!

I think that this past week's little sleep problems with Lily have just been a dress rehearsal. Today, she got it! She cried a little bit when I laid her down for her naps (which I've decided is part of her trick...she needs to blow off a little steam before going to sleep) and then quickly fell asleep. She even took a 2 hour nap this afternoon! And, she was happy and smiling when she was awake and seems to be prepping herself for the big first roll over! Good day!

But, I have more to be happy about today! Owyn also took a nice long afternoon nap. She was super tired and grumpy when I laid her down, so I was pretty glad she slept for so long.

After about 2 or 2 1/2 hours, I decided to check on her by listening outside her door. I didn't hear her stirring, so I was walking away when I heard a noise. So, I cracked the door open to make sure she was sleeping. She wasn't.

She had managed to reach a book and pull it through the slats in her bed and was sitting there quietly turning the pages and "reading" to her monkey, Bubba. When she saw me, she smiled. I asked if she was ready to get up and she said, "No." and went on reading. So sweet! So cute. I'm happy she loves to read.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

What great moments to have. Those are the things to remember on the tough days. Way cute