Today, I got to go exercise! It's been awhile.
Before I got married, I used to go walk every day and had even worked my way up to being able to run for probably about half a mile. You should know that I have had weak and painful knees for most of my life so running has never been easy. In fact, I had reached a point where my mentality was almost that running was impossible for me. So, that half a mile was a big deal to me.
Since I've been married...well, actually, I think I should say since I had kids, my fitness level has dropped significantly. I got busy. I got tired. I got hungry. =)
So, I got on a treadmill today and started myself walking. I'm embarrassed to tell you how fast I didn't go, so I'm not going to. I did break a sweat though. I walked rather briskly for 15 minutes! Then, I moved to a bicycle and pedaled hard for another 10 minutes. It felt great! I remembered that my heart is with Pilates and dance, but I enjoy walking/running/biking for cardio.
Mike has promised that he will work with me to make time 2 or 3 times a week for me to get to the gym. I have promised myself that I will go and that I will be able run again and that I will do Pilates regularly again.
I'm grateful for a husband who encourages me to exercise and also to get out of the house occasionally. I am happy I have a body to take care of.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment