Today Mike and I took our little girls out for the evening. We went to McDonalds for dinner and then to a little Spring Fling thing (hee hee) the college was having.
Actually, it turned out to not be much more than a little laser tag course set up with some loud, annoying music playing. So, we went to the biology lab where Mike is a T.A. to feed the animals instead. Owyn loved it! She went to all the different cages identifying the snakes, turtles, and fish and telling me all she knew about them! Lily just fell asleep.
As we were walking back to the car, Mike reached out and took my hand. For a brief moment, I felt like I was back in my single days enjoying one of those rare good dates with a really good guy. I felt the excitement of holding hands with this amazing man in front of the world, declaring to everyone who sees that we are attached. I forgot for that moment that I had a baby strapped to me and he was holding hands with a toddler. I just felt in love.
Then, when I came back to motherhood, the feeling intensified and became a moment of love and parenthood and family. I love him so much. I love our family so much. I am so blessed and so happy.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
I love those little moments when you feel like you are dating again.
I love those moments
Post a Comment