Tuesday, April 6, 2010

48

Today Mike came home during a break between classes. Owyn, who is still sick, didn't leave his side the whole time he was home.

She loves him so much! I laid down on the couch to take advantage of a distracted toddler and a sleeping baby. I closed my eyes and listened to the conversations occurring in the next room.

No wonder she loves him! He talked quietly with her, answering her sick whining with compassion and gently prodding her to drink some water. But, the best part was the singing. =)

I listened to him sing random songs to her and had to smile as he was sometimes making up words but still putting all the love in his heart into the songs. It is easy to be in love with someone who so openly and willingly communicates love for you. She is a lucky daughter and I am a lucky mother to have have him as my partner.