Tonight we had our Branch talent show. It was great, great, great fun! Every person that got up and sang, or read, or played the piano, or danced, or whatever gave me chills.
I found myself tearing up several time as I was moved by different performances. Either I'm super sleep-deprived (because I always cry when I am tired), hormonal still from breastfeeding, really touched by the passion people showed in the talents Heavenly Father has blessed them with, or all of the above.
It is interesting being in a branch. We are very close, so it almost felt like a family talent show, but at the same time we all got to glimpse little pieces of each family unit working together which makes it feel more like a ward. I loved watching the kids do their performances, especially as I watched their moms standing close by looking proud. I love mothers.
Anyway, it was a good time. And, to make it even better, I have the rest of the night off! I'm going to try to watch a movie with Mike, but there is a good chance I will just fall asleep on the couch next to him. That's ok too.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment