So, it has recently come to my attention that my habit of imagining myself with an audience or on T.V. while I prepare dinner is not a habit unique to me. Apparently, it is quite common.
Yeah, I'm on to you. (All of you!)
Don't worry. We're not alone. It seems that every cool housewife I know has her own personal cooking show.
So, in order to compete, each of us has to add our own unique element.
My unique element is the singing and dancing that occurs along with the fantastic cooking. Tonight's show was accompanied by a lively cover of the "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" soundtrack. All of the parts were played by me. The dances were all choreographed by me. My special guest tonight was Owyn. She added her own special touch with some very creative dance moves, songs I didn't even know were on the soundtrack, and a fancy new way of adding just a little too much salt to the marinade.
Our ratings are sure to go up after such a super-duper show!
I am happy to still have a good, healthy imagination. I am happy to have a home in which I am comfortable singing and dancing and cooking like a crazy person. I am grateful to have kids to pass my craziness, ahem...I mean happiness, on to.
Tell me, what makes your show unique?
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
I can just picture you guys dancing and singing in the kitchen and I'm really sorry I missed that. I do have to say, though, when I picture this you are in your first apartment in Poky.
As far as my cooking show...hmm...I don't cook very much these days. But I will let you know next time I cook.
Ooo! I heart Charlie Brown! That's a good one! I would be Sally. "And that's my new philosophy!"
Post a Comment